[CinCV TNG] Mailinglist change...

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri May 8 15:45:16 CEST 2020

[Christian Thaeter]
> I can revert this change If you want, but then I would like to remove
> myself as admin so that I don't get this spam anymore.  Downside then
> is that I wont notice if anything bad happens unless someone notifies
> me personally.

I leave that decition to you and the other on this list.  Just wanted to
make it clear that you have not been completely alone in the moderation.
I am happy I did not get the spam emails, but have the list in my
.listadmin.ini file and thus moderate it alongside the other mailman
lists I moderate. :)

I also wanted to make it clear to every reader that locking the list
down like that have serious effects on how welcome newcomers feel.  I
have some times decided to drop sending bug reports to projects with
locked down mailing lists myself, as I did not want to register my email
address yet another place on the Internet. :)

> There are still over 200 addresses subscribed, dunno who actively
> reads it because there is close to zero feedback. Anyway I'd be glad
> if someone decides to revive the Project (make a new Webpage) and link
> the ML again.

Yeah.  In my opinion, some of the other subscribers will need to object
and air a willingness to contribute with the list moderation before your
reasonable decision to no longer receive a steady stream of spam emails
in your inbox should be adjusted.

I guess the silence from the other subscribers speak louder than
words. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen