[CinCV TNG] Mailinglist change...

Christian Thaeter ct at pipapo.org
Fri May 8 13:22:08 CEST 2020

On 2020-05-07 07:38, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Christian Thaeter]
> > This Mailinglist is/was bombed with spam past time. Luckily no
> > one of you noticed. But me as moderator/admin got it all.
>
> While I am sure it felt like that, it is worth mentioning that I have
> been moderating the list too from time to time.  I just rejected 155
> pending spam emails in the moderation queue.  It has been a few weeks
> since I last ran the 'listadmin' command line moderation script.

The moderation queue is set up to expire messages after 17 days, no
need to delete them.

I can revert this change If you want, but then I would like to
remove myself as admin so that I don't get this spam anymore.
Downside then is that I wont notice if anything bad happens unless
someone notifies me personally.

I still stand to my commitment to this ML, I won't close it down as
long people use and care for it and the Archive tiny and easy to host
as well (few hundred MB only). While with the current state its evident
that this ML will eventually die. Its not referenced/linked from any
prominent page, thus hardy to discover. I haven't checked but I guess
we didn't have any new subscription in years. There are still over 200
addresses subscribed, dunno who actively reads it because there is
close to zero feedback. Anyway I'd be glad if someone decides to revive
the Project (make a new Webpage) and link the ML again.

 	Christian