[CinCV TNG] Mailinglist change...

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu May 7 07:38:44 CEST 2020

[Christian Thaeter]
> This Mailinglist is/was bombed with spam past time. Luckily no
> one of you noticed. But me as moderator/admin got it all.

While I am sure it felt like that, it is worth mentioning that I have
been moderating the list too from time to time.  I just rejected 155
pending spam emails in the moderation queue.  It has been a few weeks
since I last ran the 'listadmin' command line moderation script.

> I now changed the ML config to discard any mail from non subscribed
> addresses.
>
> For anyone subscribed it should stay the same.
>
> I think since this list is slowly dying and nowhere else referenced
> eventually this becomes only an archive on the long run.

Rejecting everyone not already "on the inside" from posting to the list
is a fairly good way to ensure the number of subscribers will drop and
keeping casual contributors away, yes.  As well as reducing the work
load of the list moderators, of course. I am not convinced it is smart,
but given that I do not have the capacity to revitalize the Cinelerra-CV
project, I do not see myself in a position where protest is useful. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen