[CinCV TNG] The state of dynamic builds of cinelerra CV and GG

Einar R√ľnkaru einarrunkaru at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 12:37:27 CET 2018

Hi.

On 12/29/18 21:51, David Runge wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm currently maintaining cinelerra-cv [1] for Arch Linux.
> However, due to high maintenance costs (of my time) to create a working,
> dynamically linked package, I will drop it from the official
> repositories.
> The list of patches to re-adapt is becoming longer and longer and
> unfeasible to work with (and currently it doesn't work at all, because of
> ffmpeg > 4 not being supported [2]).

Thank you for the effort.

> As I'm neither an active user of cinelerra-cv, nor interested in further
> spending more time on fixing a non-supported way of building the
> software, I have to say, this is it.

I understand your reasons and accept them.

> For the future I'd like to give the advice of making it easier for
> package maintainers of the various distributions to actually build
> cinelerra with dynamically linked dependencies, as in its current state
> it is really no fun at all.

As a maintainer, can you take a look at my branch at:

git://git.cinelerra-cv.org/einar/cinelerra.git

Do you think it is maintainable enough? I appreciate any feedback.

At the moment support of external ffmpeg libraries is missing,
internally it supports ffmpeg versions 2.8 - 3.4.

Thank you,
Einar