[CinCV TNG] [impr] Proxy pop up window

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Fri Jun 29 19:06:52 CEST 2018

Thank you for the improvements. I was able to test it and it works well,
the beep is also useful.

This approach is fine and sufficient at the moment. Personally, I would
find it more intuitive if I had the option of Open Mixer in the Proxy
tab in the context menu, because with the current solution I always have
to load the full files into the timeline. With four cameras and a few GB
file size (4K 120 FPS), loading still takes a little longer. In my
opinion it would be optimal if I load the media files in the Media tab
and then create the proxy files and continue working only with the proxy
files and can also start the Open Mixer option directly with the proxy
files. I think that would be the best solution, but the current solution
is also fine/sufficient.

I noticed one thing, assuming I work through my project chronologically
and much later in the timeline I have a scene with multicams and that's
where I want to use the Mixer feature. However, I can't create the
mixers offset backwards in the timeline. The video and audio files are
always inserted at the beginning of the timeline. It would be better to
use the cursuor position in the timeline for inserting the mixer videos.
Did I miss something?

What would also be very helpful, if I finished editing with the mixers,
is that I can delete all mixer video and audio tracks with a single
button or via the menu. That means all mixer tracks disappear and also
the mixer windows close. Why would it be an advantage? In my example I
have 4 cameras, i.e. I have four video tracks and eight audio tracks
(stereo), in total I have to delete 12 tracks manually after my Multicam
work and additionally close four OpenMixer windows. To leave Multicam
mode completely, I have to press something 16 times. At a later Multicam
scene the same game again. Especially if you are under time pressure
because the project has to be finished, this would be a great relief.

Thank you again for your great work. :-)

Sam