[CinCV TNG] CinGG 5.1 build of FFmpeg fails, found reason

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 22:27:09 CEST 2018

deim:

Thanks so much for passing this information along.  At one time we did
attempt to build cinelerra on Gentoo but we were just too unfamiliar with
this distro.  We need this line for many other distros or they would fail.
It is possible to put in a patch specific to Gentoo to remove this line,
but since we can not test...

By the way, gg has created Unbundled Builds for people doing their own
builds and checked that in.  It has extremely minimal testing and most
likely will not work with Gentoo in its current state so if anyone is
interested in testing that and providing feedback it can be improved.  The
3 - arch.bld, deb.bld, and rpm.bld - were each tested at least once.  These
can be checked out and run to eliminate any thirdparty libraries, such as
ffmpeg, that are already on your system.  However, after that some things
might not work in CinGG and we may not be able to help.   gg/phyllis