[CinCV TNG] Viewer: Timecode not stopping at the end of the video

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 03:24:40 CEST 2018

> On the Viewer, If I drag the pointer on the right with LeftMouseButton
> (LMB) and I exit from the Viewer window with the pointer, the timecode goes
> on, not stopping at the end of the video.
> Same behaviour if I enable "Click to play (p)" and with the mouse wheel I
> scroll forward; also "Frame Forward (1)" button with mouse click or
> keyboard.
> Or, maybe, is there somethink (a lot) I don't know? Thanks.

This is a feature, not a bug.  This feature allows the "preview region" in
the Viewer and Compositor to be more useful since the slider can go through
and beyond the preview region slider area.  If you ever use this, it would
become apparent of the necessity to allow for this.  How to use is
described at:

https://cinelerra-cv.org/docs/split_manual_en/cinelerra_cv_manual_en_13.html

A short demo where you use the right mouse button and drag arrow is at:

    https://www.datafilehost.com/d/a1a23030

IgorBeg

To speed up the Overwrite and Slice operations from Viewer to Timeline,
could be useful to set only the InPoint or only the EndPoint on the Viewer.
When I set only InPoint the EndPoint will be the end of the video, when I
set only EndPoint, the InPoint will be the start of the video.

> Good idea.  This was checked into the GIT repository earlier today and
will be in the next set of builds around June 30th.    gg/phyllis