[CinCV TNG] CinGG 5.1 gives an incorrect ETA time when rendering a video with SVG

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 22:23:54 CEST 2018

W.P.

ETA is just that - an *estimate*.  GG looked at the program code and the
algorithm is:

eta is total expected work divided by rate so far
where rate so far is the current position divided by current render time

This is a viable estimate.  Different computers run differently.  And of
course, the beginning render may be totally different from the end if
plugins were added towards the end of the video, or images using SVG, or
other edits.  It will vary a lot over various portions of the timeline.
GG/Phyllis

Cinelerra starts to render the video but after a few seconds gets stuck (in
my case eiher at 64% or 94%) and it gives an incorrect ETA time (it shows
time left: 1 sec).