[CinCV TNG] LV2 plugins: sluggish display and other problems

Olaf cinmail at womentie.de
Wed Jun 20 20:36:23 CEST 2018

Am 20.06.2018 schrieb Good Guy:

> I will add a mod to up the refresh rate to
> 2 times the buffer arrive rate (with a minimum of 30) so you have a way to
> go
> up to 48000/1024 (48 fps vs 30 fps).
>
> This is an artifact of the plugin processing.  It can combine or bust up
> buffers
> to oversample/subsample so that the graphics appear continuous.   I don't
> think that it would be a good idea to bust up cinelerra audio buffers just
> make the presentation graphics pretty.

Actually, I'm not interested in making the presentation graphics
pretty. As a user I only see how the graphic hops and ask myself,
if it is already visible to the extent, what does it look like
inside and how will it affect my work? I would stop at this point
because I think it makes no sense to continue working with it. If
the graphics are not presented smoothly, you will have a problem
communicating that.

When I was a child, I had a bicycle with a home-built second front
light. A policeman from the neighbourhood stopped me and said that
two headlights were forbidden. I replied that the second headlight
was not connected, to which he kindly replied that if two headlights
are connected, both must also work. Only much later did I realize
what I had previously thought was an insoluble contradiction.

Kind regards, Olaf