[CinCV TNG] cinelerra .xml + an abbreviation

Einar Rünkaru einarrunkaru at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:49:34 CEST 2018

On 19 June 2018 at 20:16, igor_ubuntu <sitelve at gmail.com> wrote:

> *2018-06-18 22:39 GMT+03:00 Einar Rünkaru <einarrunkaru at gmail.com
>> <einarrunkaru at gmail.com>>:*
>>

>>> * i_u  *

>>> * Then the feature is useless for novice user.*
>>>

> 1.  You contradict yourself:
>     - *Modifying automatically the name of a file is not an expected
> behaviour for an user.*
> vs
>     - *Then the feature is useless for novice user.*
>
> 2.  A feature with a normal informative name + popup tool tip  can not be
> useless.

a) you asked a feature
b) I said that I don't like it
c) You told that the feature is useful for new users
d) I explaied why I dont like the feature
e) You said that feature can be disabled by default
f) I said that then the feature is uselesss for new user.

If an user begins using a new program he/she uses it with default settings
until he/she dares to change some settings.
New questionable feature what is disabled by default will be newer used by
new users. It may be found useful by some experienced users.

> *Einar: *
>>
>> * Creating a directory without explict demand from user should be
>>> avoided.*
>>>

> Why ? Just open  Kdenlive and look at how a normal usable solutions  work.
>
> File->New     Project->Project Settings      Project->Open backup file
>   Project->Archive Project
> Kdnlv_user has a possibility to assign directories and create his own
> directory
> http://piccy.info/view3/12426071/a1e1275435efabb429b46e49053167e8/orig/
> I want to see these solutions in  cinelerra's world.

As you see there is a button what user should press when he/she wants a new
directory. This is *explict demand*.

Cinelerra can create a directory if you ask. This feature has been there
from the very beginning.

Einar