[CinCV TNG] cinelerra .xml + an abbreviation

Einar Rünkaru einarrunkaru at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 21:39:45 CEST 2018

On 06/18/2018 06:42 PM, igor_ubuntu wrote:

> /
> /
> /2018-06-18 11:39 GMT+03:00 Einar Rünkaru <einarrunkaru at gmail.com
> <mailto:einarrunkaru at gmail.com>>:
> /
>
>     /
>     /
>     /He/She may add prefix or sufix to the name just as he/she likes./
>

>   He/She may delete prefix or sufix to the name.
> + I say about an option in Preferences (disabled by default) : a
> checkbox + an explanation/tool tip

Then the feature is useless for novice user.

> The program should take care of this itself by offering a text field
> with a preset(template) /home/user/name_of_directory
> /name_of_directory/ should have two parts:  'a user's name + the
> program's abbreviation(or version№)'
> User can modify and change its name but the abbreviation should be
> automaticallyadded to the name of the created directory.

Why there is user name in the name_of_directory?

It is possible that /home/user is not the base of the users setup. User
wants his/her projects to some other place (for example: /stuff/video/cin?)

Generally I do not know how to avoid the situation that users projects
appear in /home/user/user_cin1/project1.xml
/home/user/user_cin1/user_cin1/project2.xml,
/home/user/user_cin1/user_cin1/user_cin1/project2.xml

> That is already partially implemented in CGG: '/Create a project folder
> in:'/,
> but in fact CGG does not create a directory (AFAIU/S). A user just
> chooses  a directory in which the project file will be saved.
> The name of this menu item does not correspond to its behavior.

Creating a directory without explict demand from user should be avoided.

>     Modifying automatically the name of a file is not an expected
>     behaviour for an user.
>     Einar
>
> IMO These difficulties are greatly exaggerated.

User has some expectations how programs behave. A lot of Cinelerra does
not behave according to users expectations - there is no need to create
more surpises.

Einar