[CinCV TNG] Default Transition not work

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 18:53:54 CEST 2018

IgorBeg, yes, it sounds like you understand how it works and now I think we
understand how you and Sam expect it to work.  There was some decision
making here based on the current code and the original documentation.  We
do not want to vary too far from the current documentation and I am
concerned that users will be too confused.

But we will look at again -- gg wanted to get it out there for testing and
can change it.  I think we may have to leave drag and drop working the way
they currently do so that the shortcut "U" still works as in the past,
while changing the Attach Transition to not change the default.  We did
have a "patio meeting" to include the dog yesterday discussing this very
option.  Will let you know if gg can change it.

Also, it is possible to have 'No default transition" as that is how the
code is written in certain circumstances.  The initial default transition
can be blank initially for a project or something and if the user never
sets it somehow, then the XML that is eventually saved will have no default
transition in the EDL.  In other words, this is not a bug.  However, Ugin
did report that he specifically added a transition, saved the project, and
the transition did not get reloaded - this is a bug that I did reproduce
initially and no longer can so there is some set of steps that cause this
problem.   gg/Phyllis