[CinCV TNG] Phase 2 of LV2 audio plugin addition to Cinelerra-GG/cin5 includes more working plugins if on your computer

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:23:30 CEST 2018

Dominque:  thank you for the feedback and it is good to know cin5 still
builds on Gentoo as there have been many changes.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 9:20 AM, Dominique Michel <
dominique.c.michel at gmail.com> wrote:

>  For
> information, I made a script to create an lv2 menu into my application
> menu. It is so many of them than the script use the Class key of
> individual plugins to create submenus. It use usual lv2 commands like
> lv2ls and lv2info.

This is a good idea.  I am not sure what your result looks like but am
assuming you mean the submenus would be like all of the Calf lv2 plugins as
a submenu, and another class like GX (Guitarx) as another submenu?  Or did
you mean submentus for things like "modulation effects", "instruments",
"filters and equalizers"?  Anyway we were thinking about the last option.
But the problem is that everyone's computer will have a different set and
we don't want to add them to cinelerra/thirdparty.

> > Use LV2_PATH=/tmp/junk   if you want none to be automatically loaded.
> > Delete your current $HOME/.bcast5/Cinelerra_plugins
> > when you need to switch or turn off plugins
> >
> On the long run, I think it would be best if Cinelerra can take care of
> this.

You are right, I think we have no choice because the state of the LV2
plugins out there is so varied and we hope to get this settled before the
end of the month builds as users are already encountering problems that
damage the use of cin5.

Thanks, gg/Phyllis