[CinCV TNG] Hardware acceleration problem

KhazAkar damianzrb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 10:51:56 CEST 2018

I have strange results, because X11 have highest FPS, but others, not so
much. Testing reencoded to other, Cinelerra-capable format (Apple ProRes)
of RED sample footage (epicdragon-lowlight-4k-hd-120fps), 4k at 50 FPS. My
results are:

X11 with direct X11 rendering, intel iGPU =  50 FPS
X11-Xv, intel iGPU = ~50 fps, but lower minimal FPS (very buggy, several
times not even 1 FPS, smashing apply button and changing framerate to the
same and smashing apply - 50 FPS.)
X11-OpenGL, intel iGPU = ~13 FPS
After changing from X11-OpenGL to X11 - ~70 fps and whole video don't play,
just stops.

X11 with direct X11 rendering, Quadro M1000M, using bumblebee with
VirtualGL =  ~51 FPS
X11-Xv, Quadro M1000M = ~6 FPS
X11-OpenGL = ~15 FPS
After changing from X11-OpenGL to X11 on nVidia - 50 FPS, no problems with
playback.