[CinCV TNG] Video and preview rendering with GPU. VAAPI/VDPAU support?

KhazAkar damianzrb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 10:14:15 CEST 2018

Hello!
I have one more question:
>From what I found, only PiTiVI open source NLE on Linux support VAAPI/VDPAU
for playback only, but they have much less other functionality. I think if
Cinellera adopt VAAPI/VDPAU for playback AND video rendering, it will just
rocket-jump ahead of other competitors on Linux, literally smashing any
other open source NLE competitor in terms of performance and abilities.
Will be support for It in near/distant future? It don't need to use
GStreamer, because FFmpeg itself have VAAPI/VDPAU decoding and encoding
capabilities. If testers is needed - I will test it.