[CinCV TNG] Hardware acceleration problem

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Thu Jun 7 10:12:32 CEST 2018

As far as I understand it, X11 direct uses the CPU. I don't know about
X11-XV, but GG wrote that it is device mapped, so I assume it uses the
graphics card. OpenGL uses the graphics card, with the Open Graphics
Library.
If I am wrong, please correct me Phyllis/GG.

I prefer to use X11 OpenGL. I achieve higher frame rates with OpenGL
than with X11 direct. However, some users wrote a few months ago that
X11-direct delivers better results. It seems to depend which hardware
configuration and drivers are used.

Sam