[CinCV TNG] 10-Bit Cinelerra-GG version - CINX

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 04:37:37 CEST 2018

Our new motto "we freely admit that we don't know what we are doing" !
A couple of months ago we noticed that the latest version of libx265 had
the 10-bit option incorporated into the code.  But either we misunderstood
(although we both thought we tested it) or it was changed.  So the end
result is that cinelerra has to be compiled with hidepth in order to
produce 10-bit instead of 8-bit and that version does not produce 8-bit.

We looked into this as a result of KhazAkar mentioning:
KhazAkar quote   "And...where's a 10bit version of Cinelerra on OpenSUSE?
Before that change It was available.

We made an OpenSuse42 and Leap15 version which are at:

https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/khazakar/cinelerra10bit-5.1-20180606-leap42.3.x86_64.rpm
https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/terje/cinelerra10bit-5.1-20180606-leap15.x86_64.rpm

We will go back to creating the Leap 10-bit version again.  Sorry for our
confusion.  GG/Phyllis