[CinCV TNG] Cin-GG and LibDV

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 21:26:08 CEST 2018

Welcome to you Andrea, and thank you for the notification about Arch.
Because we normally use Fedora, we are only very basic users on other
distros.

In 2016, to install Arch initially we used the Installation guidelines at:
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide    (dated
12/23/2016)
Just a couple of days ago we re-installed the latest Arch and used this
same guide.
After this, we built cinelerra and it started so we did not have the
missing dependency
that you pointed out so I am not quite sure what the difference is.

GG did look into this this morning and noted that "libva" is already in
depends= of
PKGBUILD, but we are not sure if it needs to be in "makedepends" also -- as
it
built at least once on our computer.  There does not seem to be a "libv"
package,
but I am not exactly sure about that.  If you know what needs to be done,
please
modify PKGBUILD and send a copy so we can evaluate the change.

So we are a little confused about why you had a problem.  We do have a
file, in
https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/README.arch
which contains a summary list of what needs to be installed but it may be
lacking.
It is listed below:
# If you want to build Cinelerra 5.1 from the source git repository, be
sure to have the following installed:
# Updated 6/1/2018
pacman -Fy
pacman --noconfirm -S xorg-server xorg-xinit xorg-twm xorg-xclock xterm
pacman --noconfirm -S mesa xf86-video-vesa xf86-input-synaptics
pacman --noconfirm -S gnome gnome-extra gnome-tweak-tool
pacman --noconfirm -S alsa-utils pulseaudio
pacman --noconfirm -S base-devel nasm yasm cmake gdb
pacman --noconfirm -S libxml2 perl-xml-libxml perl-xml-parser
pacman --noconfirm -S inkscape dvdauthor udftools
pacman --noconfirm -S vim xorg-fonts-misc xorg-xrandr
This describes the basic system install procedure used to create the build
system.
This may transitively include libva somehow.

Any other information that improves Cinelerra and installation is much
appreciated.

gg/Phyllis