[CinCV TNG] New builds for Cin-GG to include Leap 15 and Ubuntu 18 but...

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 22:54:18 CEST 2018

*Leap package *specific information - because a new version of Leap 15 only
became available later in the month on the 25th, we suspect that some users
would not have had their O/S updated yet.  Therefore the users who were
used to using:

     zypper ar -f https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/*leap/* cincv

will get an error with ....five/pkgs/leap was not found

Instead you will have to use either:
# openSUSE LEAP 42
zypper ar -f https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/leap42/ cincv
# openSUSE LEAP 15
zypper ar -f https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/pkgs/leap15/ cincv

The problem for us was which leap version to make the default because if we
called leap15 just leap, then the leap42 users would be installing a build
done on leap 15 and who knows what it would do.  Probably we should have
left the numbers on initially like we did for ub14 - ub18 to avoid
confusion.

Let's hope that users not on the Mailing list will figure it out for
themselves!   Phyllis