[CinCV TNG] Can't disable ladspa

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 04:38:17 CEST 2018

Yuri, yes this is difficult.  But the good news is that GG has been working
on this all afternoon/evening and with the latest version of FreeBSD, the
problems that stopped him before are no longer.  He actually was able to
start up Cinelerra with a bunch of mods but still has more problems which
will likely take another day.

> IMO, somebody who is an expert in CinelerraGG build should fix its build
> in the FreeBSD virtual machine.

He will look into what you have outlined already and see what else has to
be done so thanks for passing that along.

> I am interested in creating the port, and have the port skeleton, but I
> can't spend a week debugging the build and discovering gotchas. Once the
> project just builds, I can easily create the port.

FreeBSD is so different from the other distros where cinelerra builds have
been done every month for about 2 years to include ubuntu, suse/leap,
fedora, centos, mint, debian, and slackware so spending a week getting it
going is really not that bad.  But it does look like it will be necessary
to have a completely different build script along with a FreeBSD specific
patch.   AND to get it working up to this stage, he has had to dumb it down
so some items will not be functional.

Will provide an update as things progress.  gg/Phyllis