[CinCV TNG] Can't disable ladspa

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Sat Jun 2 21:39:38 CEST 2018

> The last round of modifications have left it in a sorry condition.
> LV2 is in there twice, and we intend to drop the LV2UI option.
> There is still a bunch of pending clean up needed.

That would be a pity if you drop the LV2UI. This causes the Calf UI to
stop working. Most Calf plugins are only usable through the GUI.
Many values in the parameter window are pure numerical values that I
don't really understand. Like input level, for example, is specified as
19 in the parameter window, but as 26 dB in the Calf GUI. If you have
edited audio often, you are usually familiar with dB designations and
have a feeling for them. Especially the graphic equalizers have been
made usable in this way. The cryptic information in the parameter window
is difficult to use intuitively. I noticed that the values are double,
but it didn't bother me. Basically I don't use the parameter window
anymore but only the Calf UI. I would really appreciate it if we could
keep this great achievement with the LV2 GUI. I think other users think
so too. Perhaps another solution can be found to this problem.