[CinCV TNG] Can't disable ladspa

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 21:11:44 CEST 2018

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 12:17 PM, Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to build CinelerraGG on FreeBSD.

 Hi, Yuri -- thank you for attempting to build Cinelerra-gg on FreeBSD --
we are very interested in the mod you use if you succeed.

> It doesn't accept the argument --without-ladspa: unrecognized options:
> --without-ladspa

Instead use --without-ladspa-build

> LADSPA is actually obsolete, superseded by LV2, so it should never be
> required, and its dependency should probably be obsoleted.

When GG first started serious work on cinelerra, there were very few Audio
effects so LADSPA was added.  Although it has been sort of replaced by LV2
plugins, cin5 users will still have these plugins in their project and
deleting them will cause breakage.  It is easy in the Resources window for
a user to "turn off" the ladspa plugins so that they don't see them.  Only
in the last 3 weeks has work been done to add the capability of using LV2
plugins (specifically Calf Studio) so before that there were no LV2 plugins.

> Additionally, when specifying --disable-libogg it still says "forced
> libogg", when it should be "disabled libogg".
>
> Because we build cin5 across so many different distros, the makefile has
to be flexible to work for most of them and thus sometimes a "force" is
necessary.  In the case of libogg - ilmbase, theora, vorbis, openexr and
maybe even ffmpeg - expect libogg to be there.  Cinelerra-gg may not work
as well as it should if a user builds without some libraries.  Sad
experience has shown
that it is better to build in a known version (which also makes it possible
to debug), rather than use "some" version on a system.

Also, because a lot of computer people expect "autoconfigure", it is part
of the build process, but GG does not like it.
The last round of modifications have left it in a sorry condition.  LV2 is
in there twice, and we intend to drop the LV2UI option.
There is still a bunch of pending clean up needed.   If you have fixes,
please let us know.

Hope this helps get you further along, and please let us know if we can
help as we have always become stuck on FreeBSD.