[CinCV TNG] 3d text (and more) in Cinelerra GG?

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Sat Jun 2 17:55:20 CEST 2018

I agree with Jonathan's statement. I wouldn't remove plugins anyway,
because there will always be people who prefer certain plugins, although
maybe the majority disagree. I would display them differently in the
resources window, a kind of recommendation from the editors.  I'd hide
the rest, but I wouldn't delete it.

I agree with WP on all points. Especially with regard to the G'MIC
effects, I now even have strong reservations about integrating them,
although it was my suggestion. Compared to the FFmpeg effects, the G'MIC
effects in Natron Compositing are simply too slow. Rendering takes ages.
Some effects would certainly complement Cinelerra very well, but I fear
that the easy user will look for the blame for the slowness at
Cinelerra, as at G'MIC. As long as the speed does not increase
significantly, I'm afraid the effort of integration in Cinelerra will
not be worthwhile, because they are simply not used by the users.

A direct interface to Blender would of course be absolutely great. I'd
bury my creative cloud. ;-)

Sam