[CinCV TNG] [impr] GMIC effects

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Wed May 30 18:11:55 CEST 2018

I absolutely agree. I only have the concern that if we remove plugins,
some users will complain again because they are missing. One user
prefers to work with FFMpeg and the other perhaps with GMIC, because
this may have one more option. I would suggest the following.

In the Resources window we have the following effect filters:

ffmpeg
ladspa
lv2
audio
video

We could add the following category to these:

default video
default audio

These two new categories could be specified by default, the other
categories are deactivated by default, like ffmpeg, ladspa, etc. In
these two new categories only selected plugins will be added. This would
have the advantage that new users only see the most important plugins
and no duplicates are available. The power users can simply display the
other plugins again.

Sam