[CinCV TNG] New proposal: "replace thumbnails-frames with colour"

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Tue May 29 23:52:46 CEST 2018

Hello,
since two months I am using Cinelerra-GG-5.1.
It's very stable and powerful.
A new proposal. I try to explain that.
In the timeline on the tracks I can to see the "thumbnails-frames" (Draw
media) with its Title.
In Track Patchbay I can disable the "Draw media" and in Overlay Window I
can to disable/enable Titles.
If possible, I think could be useful "to replace" (with a button) the
"thumbnail-frame" (or the black shade when the "Draw media" is disable)
with a colour (shade colour).
This colour should have to be different to every media files:
video&audio of the same media will have same colour (also "to clip" and
proxy of the same media).
The colours should be defined by program; I think in HSV mode with S and
V fixed and H variable to have soft colour.
This feature is useful when the height of tracks in the timeline are
smaller and the Titles are hide (or visible but the name is too long to
see it completely). Then I can to understand my editing by colours.
It should be fine to have (...and probably hard to make code).
I hope to be explain myself well.
What do you think about?
Thanks.

IgorBeg

PS:
I'm using Cin version, single-user build:
- cinelerra-5.1-mint18.2-20180430.x86_64-static.txz
- cinelerra-5.1-ub16.04-20180430.x86_64-static.txz