[CinCV TNG] Provide an user friendly gui for ffmpeg plugins? (GG Cin)

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 06:04:08 CEST 2018

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 2:57 PM, Sam <cinelerra at posteo.de> wrote:

> I think the idea with the sliders in the FFmpeg window is very good. It
> would be a clear relief. I have a little suggestion. I thought about it and
> created a sample graphic. It's just an idea how to make the window a little
> clearer and easier.
>
> It would be also very great if the web page link would be visible in the
> window, so that you can read the exact description of the plugin.
> I would also add two more columns to the table to display the description
> and the type of option.
> With these small extensions you can see at a glance which settings are
> involved.

GG was able to add the slider bar and pot dial today for ffmpeg plugins and
checked that in also.  He likes the example Sam showed and will eventually
get some of that in also.  A note about the ffmpeg parameters though -- the
slider bar and pot dial are functional on the highlighted parameter when
the allowed values are numerical and there is a distinct Range.  The Range
is shown at the top of the plugin menu below the description of the ffmpeg
plugin.  When there is no Range designated, for example like a value of
True or False, you will still have to keyin the value in the textbox and
press Apply as before.

GG/Phyllis