[CinCV TNG] Audio Calf lv2 plugins WITH glitzy ui checked in -- note build changes necessary - GG

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat May 26 01:35:11 CEST 2018

Sam, several feedback on several issues is below based on the latest cin5
GIT checkin.

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 3:36 PM, Sam <cinelerra at posteo.de> wrote:

> I can undo the current elision workaround and try out your different
> solution. I'd be happy to test it.
>
> 1.) Please undo your current elision workaround, compile the new cinelerra
version, and hopefully the "rpath" solution that gg added will work for all
Leap with intel users.  Let us know if this works.

> To help you testing, here is a short feedback.
>
> The following Calf plugins do not start the UI:
> =======
>
> Analyzer
> Equalizer 12 Band
> Equalizer 5 Band
> Equalizer 8 Band
> Monosynth
> Multi Chorus
> Multi Spread
> Multiband Compressor
> Multiband Gate
> Tape Simulator
> Transient Designer
> Vinyl
> Vocoder
> Wavetable
>
> 2.) All of the Calf plugins should now start the glitzy UI - at least they
do on Fedora O/S and none should crash.  A non-working UI should put out an
error message and not work correctly when playing, but then you detach that
plugin and cinelerra will still be working.

The display of waveforms and some visual elements is not displayed in the
> Calf plugins. If that's not possible, it wouldn't be a problem for me. I am
> very happy that I can make the settings via the Calf interface. I only ask
> because I'm not sure if it's because of my OpenSuse system and I might be
> able to fix this.

3.) *Best of all*, the waveform visual elements are displayed and work (as
much as I can understand).
4.) Thank you for the new 4.0 ffmpeg icons which are now in also.

GG/Phyllis