[CinCV TNG] Audio Calf lv2 plugins WITH glitzy ui checked in -- note build changes necessary - GG

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 22:26:02 CEST 2018

Sam:

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 2:06 PM, Sam <cinelerra at posteo.de> wrote:

> This update is a real pleasure. The quality of the Calf plugins is great
> and therefore they will be standard for me.
>
> I have a question:
> The display of waveforms and some visual elements is not displayed in the
> Calf plugins. If that's not possible, it wouldn't be a problem for me. I am
> very happy that I can make the settings via the Calf interface. I only ask
> because I'm not sure if it's because of my OpenSuse system and I might be
> able to fix this.

This was kind of a "first cut" to see if GG could even get this far -- now
he can dial in more capabilities and look into why the waveforms don't
work.  As an example Calf Pulsator has a large display of "Freq. response"
which you can mouse around in and it puts up some lines and values but does
not do anything.  It is hard for me to even know what all of these knobs
are supposed to do or if they are even working.

> Would it be possible to add an option in the Cinelerra settings, where the
> Calf UI is automatically started together with the parameter list? That
> would mean, if I press the button "show controls" of the plugin the
> parameter list opens and additionally the Calf UI.

Somehow, I already predicted that you would want that.  Maybe it should
just be the default -- we will have to wait and see after more testing.

Also, just to let you know that GG may have a different solution for the
elision workaround that we can not test here so may have to have you test
later.  I am concerned that other Leap users out there who just download
the build package won't have a clue on the elision solution or even feel
confident enough to try it and this alternative solution is built in.

GG/Phyllis