[CinCV TNG] Audio Calf lv2 plugins WITH glitzy ui checked in -- note build changes necessary - GG

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 22:08:58 CEST 2018

Glen:

Note there are a lot of LV2 plugins that are in Distribution repositories
> and some that aren't, in the case of using them with a DAW like Ardour if
> they are placed on the users system in /usr/lib/lv2 /usr/local/lib/lv2 or
> ~./lv2 then they will automatically show up in the host. I see you've
> mentioned having people install the Calf plugins with their package
> manager, does this mean Cin will locate plugins on the system by PATH now
> rather than bundling the plugins internally?

Yes, Cin does not keep its any of its own lv2 plugins but locates what you
have installed on your system automatically (/usr/lib or /usr/lib64) AND if
you have a bunch temporarily around for just testing, you can set LV2_PATH
to point to a different set.

> A Couple of Examples of very high quality plugin sets using OpenGL and
> Xlib:
>
> A popular plugin set using OpenGL for the UI's already available in Debian
> (and possibly Ubuntu): http://x42-plugins.com/x42/

We have seen all of those in your AV Linux that we have a copy of -- there
sure are a lot! and have added x42 plugins to our test system here and are
working on seeing how they hook up.  Only a few of the "glitzy" ui's show
(there is no MIDI hookup, for example) and there seems to be no
communication back and forth at this time -- GG is going to look at these
next.  However, there are also quite a few of the Calf plugins that have
non-functional glitzy UI's like Calf Equalizer 12-Band which immediately
fails and Calf Equalizer 30-Band which is an impressive UI but doesn't seem
to do anything.  Note: I did test all of the Calf lv2 plugins just to make
sure they did not crash Cinelerra, but some I could not tell if they were
even working or not because I did not know how to use them at all.

If you have time and would like gg to build a specific Debian cinelerra for
you to test, let him know if you want a PKG, or a Dynamic or Static tar of
64-bit Debian 9.x?

BTW: the *drobilla.net <http://drobilla.net>* resource was what resulted in
getting this far with the programming.  gg/phyllis