[CinCV TNG] Audio Calf lv2 plugins WITH glitzy ui checked in -- note build changes necessary - GG

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 20:58:04 CEST 2018

Sam,

This is the infamous "elision" bug apparently affecting ONLY intel cpus and
LEAP O/S.  A short similar description - just look at the "Cause" at:
     https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7022289

>From the dmp you sent (could not diagnose without that!):

Thread 1 (Thread 0x7f3b2affd700 (LWP 28994)):
#0  0x00007f3bef46f836 in waitpid () from /lib64/libpthread.so.0
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x0000000000abe559 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#2  <signal handler called>
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x00007f3bef4715e0 in *__lll_unlock_elision () *from
/lib64/libpthread.so.0
No symbol table info available.
#4  0x0000000000858714 in ForkParent::start_child() ()

Try this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib64/noelision/  {cin_path}/cin

If it works, then there is another email that discussed this 2 years ago
(June 23, 2016) in the ML.  Try the below which we can not test here
because we use "AMD instead" of "intel inside".

This is due to a quirk in the lock methods, and can be avoided by adding
> the following two lines (as root) to the top of /etc/ld.so.conf:
> /lib64/noelision
> /lib/noelision
>
> and then run (as root):
> ldconfig

Attached is a file called xx for reference.

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM, Sam <cinelerra at posteo.de> wrote:

> I totally agree with Glen. WOW!
> That's absolutely great news.
>
> Full of anticipation I had to try out the new update immediately.
> Unfortunately, the new UI does not work. I don't know what's causing it. A
> data dump has been added. I also noticed that the LADSPA plugins have
> disappeared.
> I'm grateful for any help.

In the Resources window above the folders such as Audio Effects, Video
Effects, is the word "Visibility" -- check to see if you have LADSPA with a
check mark in front of it (which means they show up).  Also, you might have
to delete Cinelerra_plugins in your .bcast5 directory so that they are all
reloaded.