[CinCV TNG] Provide an user friendly gui for ffmpeg plugins? (GG Cin)

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 17:08:27 CEST 2018

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 4:46 PM, W P <wpfilmmaker at yandex.com> wrote:

> Since university was mentioned, has Cinelerra cv ever applied for a Gsoc?
> It would be a good occasion to speedup the development and get a paid dev
> to work on some time consuming tasks? Perhaps this could be though for next
> year?
>
> I had not heard of this but looked it up on the internet just now.
Something to think about and consider -- I do not think it has been done
for Cinelerra-cv.

I like Sam's idea about the link, but I think to be a bit future proof
> (site goes down,moves etc.), and work offline, maybe linking to the pdf
> manual would be better?

Actually gg thinks maybe a hard-coded referral link only could be added as
a reminder where to look for the plugin documentation because that probably
won't change.  But I don't know about the additional 2 columns that Sam
proposed yet.

By the way I haven't had time to look at the manual but if documentation
> about new plugins is needed I am happy to do that, at the least some basic
> stuff which can be expended in the future.

When ffmpeg 4.0 was updated, there were some new plugins but there were so
few, I think I just added them to your original documentation in Features5
easily enough.  If gg ever quits adding new stuff, I might be able to
actually combine the real cinelerra manual with features5 but that is
another titanic project.