[CinCV TNG] Audio VST plugins

Olaf cinmail at womentie.de
Mon May 14 10:05:43 CEST 2018

You guys seem to misunderstand me. I hope it's just the translation.

I don't (!) expect Cinelerra to include every single LV2 plugin in the development and to modify it manually. The plugins usually come in large packages (like Debian), there is something for everyone. I haven't tried many of them yet. Setting an "LV2_PATH={directory of "good" LV2 plugins}" would mean that the user has root privileges and re-sorts the package maintainer's given paths. Why should the user do this - provided the user is able to do so - when Ardour (in conjunction with Xjadeo) is already a comfortable graphical tool for sound recording and post-processing of films?

Frankly, I don't understand why you guys want to make life difficult for yourselves. A simple test at runtime, i.e. during the start, true to the motto: "work / doesn't work" is perfectly sufficient. The plugin that doesn't work (with Cinelerra) is simply discarded. That's all I expect, I think that's quite enough.

With best regards