[CinCV TNG] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: BD creation in Cinelerra-GG

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun May 13 19:34:25 CEST 2018

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 10:19 AM, Andrew Randrianasulu <
randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:

> update:
>
> after patching xine-lib 1.1.21 with two patches from xine-lib-1.2 branch
> and
> compiling against libbluray 1.0.2 - xine-ui was also able to play
> Cinelerra-GG
> generated image!
>
>  xine bd:/dev/shm/tmp/bd_20180512-233150/bd.udfs - as normal user.
>
> (after fixing permissions on this file)
>
> Good to know that the above works --thanks for the update and I checked
out the png file of the dolphin and it looks a little bit scary!

and reasoned if Cinelerra has some way of
> writing those files it must have some special component, and looking at
> git I
> saw bdwrite was based on libbluray sources, at least partially .... So,
> ffmpeg
> does all encoding and muxing, mkudffs creates 'skeleton' udf fs, and
> bdwrite
> put files into this FS and add all required items - folder structure,
> playlist
> files .... As far as I understand Linux's udf fs driver still can't write
> udf
> 2.5/2.6 so unless bdwrite will do all work on fs level by itself it will
> be
> hard to create full udf 2.5 filesystem, or modify any by just loopback

GG was impressed that you took the time to look at bdwrite and thinks you
are probably the only developer who has.  It was a hard road to write that
from such sketchy information but libbluray was a huge help.

And now on to other things but I am going to try Mplayer first.
...GG/Phyllis