[CinCV TNG] Audio VST plugins

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Sat May 12 11:22:25 CEST 2018

I confirm that LV2 support was primarily introduced for the Calf
plugins.  In the first step it was not the intention to support all
available LV2 plugins. With a brand-new feature, you have to assume that
not everything always works properly anyway. Nevertheless, this new
feature is absolutely great, because the Calf plugins are indescribably
good.

As generally the monthly editions of Cinelerra are sufficiently tested.
The almost daily tests are carried out by volunteer testers like myself
or the many other power users. Usually serious bugs are detected
immediately and usually fixed within a few days. I believe that this
type of division of tasks has proved its worth over the past
months/years. Many users have commented positively on this approach, as
it has added many new and good features. Despite the many volunteers, it
is unfortunately unavoidable that some bugs are discovered late due to
the complexity of the software. I would be happy if we could keep this
approach in favor of new and improved features.

Sam