[CinCV TNG] Audio VST plugins

Good Guy good1.2guy at gmail.com
Tue May 8 15:56:08 CEST 2018

> but I can only enter the values manually, without the graphical calf
> interface.

Hey... if you can find any documentation or instructions on how that
works...
you will be the first one.  The only reason I got this to work was an
interface
I found in the ffmpeg filters.  That was the documentation.

This is the issue.   The graphical user interface (gui) is separate from
cin5.
It is a program that has its own system of operation.  It turns out that the
"controls" are a simple enough to communicate, but those programs are
not designed to interface and operate the controls for another external
application program interface (api).

I agree that these guis are great apis. I would like it a lot.
I may be able to hot wire one, but probably only one if I am lucky.
Especially without documentation, this would be very difficult.

I can add a simpler gui interface.  I was thinking of adding an "add/del"
button that could add sliders or pots for the selected control.  That way
the gui would not eat up the display, and would only contain the controls
that you intend to operate.  It would not be glitzy, just operational.

Ever since I started working on this, I have been hoping that developers
interested in these programs would contribute to the work.  It is a lot of
fun,
but there definitely is a limit to what I can do in the time frame
available.
The ffmpeg filters are a good example.  There are about 100 ffmpeg plugins
that are disabled, because the interface won't initialize.  Fixing these
would
be a piece of cake for the developer, but a nightmare for me.

gg
PS.  the code documentation in these programs is sphinx and doxygen.
These more or less just restate the comments in the code. A great quote
from my past is: "the comments are what they wish it would do".
In this case, the code is better documentation.