[CinCV TNG] OpenJPEG files inside CinGG outdated?

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 21:15:10 CEST 2018

We appreciate the update on libraries because there are a lot of them used
in cinelerra and hard to keep track.

On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 11:53 AM, Andrew Randrianasulu <
randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, all!
>
> I was looking into all those new/old codec news, and found OpenJPEG has
> some
> speed work last year:
> http://www.openjpeg.org/2017/10/04/OpenJPEG-2.3.0-released
> so, because I rely on Cinelerra-provided new libraries (system partially
> outdated), may be files used by Cin-GG can be updated? Right now they at
> openjpeg-2.1.0-20160221 . I will try to do some tests locally.

GG will look into updating JPEG soon if no problems - faster jpeg would be
a nice improvement.  If you do find any problems while testing, please let
us know.  Hopefully there should be none since it has been out for awhile
now.

> Also, some urls in thirdparty/downloads.txt are outdated?

This file is just a note file used by the developer and hopefully future
programmers! to be able to more easily find a required library.