[CinCV TNG] OpenJPEG files inside CinGG outdated?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun May 6 19:53:31 CEST 2018

Hello, all!

I was looking into all those new/old codec news, and found OpenJPEG has some
speed work last year:
http://www.openjpeg.org/2017/10/04/OpenJPEG-2.3.0-released

------------quote-----
This new release finalizes the work made by Even Rouault and funded by several
academic institutions and archival organizations to make OpenJPEG significantly
faster and safer.
In addition to what has been done in v2.2.0 (multithreading at decoding, speed
optimizations, memory consumption reduction, etc, see this post for details),
[...]

Overall, if we compare performances of OpenJPEG before all Even’s optimizations
(v2.1.2) and the ones reached by the new v2.3.0 release, we observe a 55-60%
speed improvement on single-thread whole image decoding (even more on big
images like 10000x10000). Memory consumption is also drastically reduced on
mega-image decoding: for example, for a full decoding of a single tile
8000x12000 image, it is reduced from 2 to 1.3 GB RAM.
-----end of quote-------

so, because I rely on Cinelerra-provided new libraries (system partially
outdated), may be files used by Cin-GG can be updated? Right now they at
openjpeg-2.1.0-20160221 . I will try to do some tests locally.

Also, some urls in thirdparty/downloads.txt are outdated?
for example, there is ffmpeg 3.3 (but git currently  uses 4.0) ..Not sure if
this file is useful for anything, just was looking around while trying to
rebuild Cin with opencv support ....