[CinCV TNG] Mixer Viewer / Multiple Cameras with proxy

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Sun May 6 12:07:28 CEST 2018

I tested better Mixer Viewer...
following the instruction on file cinelerra-5.1_doc_Features5.pdf
"Special Features Manual for Cinelerra 5.1" (Last update 04/28/2018),
chapter 43, section "But, I want to use only the first set of audio
tracks...", page 191 (probably, the texts in page 189 is lack and the
page 190 is empty):

To create a list of mixer viewers:
1) Setup the session settings -> format, width, height, frame rate,
color model, aspect ratio.
2) Create dst tracks using the a/v track pulldowns (or use shortcuts 't'
/ 'T'),  armed and playable.
3) Append src tracks using file ->open -> append tracks, or the resource
window using pasting.
4) Using the track patchbay, disarm editing and disable playback of the
a/v src tracks.
5) Using the track patchbay, mark the new tracks as "mixer" source to be
added to the viewer.
6) Create a mixer viewer using the main menu pulldown, or the shift "M"
shortcut.
7) Repeat steps 3 -- 6 for each mixer viewer needed for the session editing.

My test: Four Mixer Viewer and Master track
1) [...]
2) [...] Create dst track "Master"
3) [...] Add four Video tracks under one top "Master" Video Track, and
then I rename the labels of the video tracks to see:
- Master
- V1
- V2
- V3
- V4
3.a) Load four videos in Media
3.b) Drag and drop from Media to video tracks V1, V2,..., V4
4) [...] Using the track patchbay, disarm editing and disable playback
of the V1...V4 tracks.
4.a) Enable proxy (and waiting for "Creating proxy files...")
5) [...] ...and I see the "right arrow" icon changed to "up arrow" icon
to advise me it is "engaged" to be added to the Mixer Viewer (not still
created)
6) [...]  ...the mixer viewer is "linked" to video track with "up arrow"
icon
7) [...] (in my example I have to load the file before to create proxy,
more or less)

8) When I finished with mixers, I disable proxy and the Mixer Viewers
are closed (should be fine not closed but "regenerated" with new geometry?)

It's very, very powerful!!!
Thanks so much for the excellent Manual and Developers.

Igor

Ps: If I change the label of a tracks, its own Mixer Viewer'name is not
updated. Is it right?