[CinCV TNG] [impr] context menu for single clips

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Sat May 5 18:26:03 CEST 2018

Thanks for the info. If the integration of the LV2 should be too
difficult, I would have an alternative proposal.

I really like the idea of how the integration of Inkscape was solved.
Maybe it would be the solution to integrate the audio workstation Ardour
as a plugin. Ardour also masters non-free plugins and many other free
audio plugins very well. For example, you could create an Ardour plugin
that points to an active Ardour session, similar to Inkscape. This
solution would be comparable to Davinci Resolve and FairLight Console
(audio workstation). It would have the great advantage that Cinelerra
focuses on video editing and you can connect to other large audio
workstations. Ardour excellently fulfils the strength of professional
audio production. This division of tasks would save an enormous amount
of time in the future in order to concentrate on the core tasks.
Additionally I would also welcome a video plugin for Natron Compositing.
Natron compositing is used for special effects. Similar to Adobe
Premiere and After Effects. In our case Cinelerra is like Premiere and
Natron Compositing like After Effects. Cinelerra would beat all previous
free and even some proprietary video editing software by length.
Cinelerra would make a name for herself in the open source
post-production community. This combination of these three free software
packages would be the absolute awesome thing.

Sam