[CinCV TNG] CinelerraGG of 04/30/2018 refuses to boot under Linux Mint mate 17.3

Good Guy good1.2guy at gmail.com
Tue May 1 22:43:13 CEST 2018

Only Mint 17 and Ubuntu 14 (32-bit and 64-bit) had a changed default
library path which caused load problems due to OpenCV new version.  GG has
recreated the static tars just now and is working on the dynamic.  The new
Mint 17 static tar is at:

https://cinelerra-cv.org/five/tars/cinelerra-5.1-mint17.3-20180430.x86_64-static.txz

Alternatively, if you do not want to re-load the newly built tar, you can
simply delete the opencv plugins that are in the {cin_path}/bin/opencv
directory and it should run as it did here.   But then you can't use them!

The other 13 tars, static and dynamic, for the other distros should be just
fine as well as the pkgs, which do not have OpenCV plugins included.

I wish we could avoid these problems for users by testing all 32
static/dynamic tars and all 16 of the pkgs, but we simply do not have the
resources to do so.  Thank you for helping by letting us know so we can
concentrate on code fixes/improvements instead.  GG/Phyllis