[CinCV TNG] ffmpeg 4.0

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 23:33:40 CEST 2018

Dave,

I only work with cinelerra-gg (5.1) and just yesterday GG checked into GIT
branch ffmpeg 4.0 for usage with 5.1.
We have been using ffmpeg 4.0 for about 3 days now with 5.1 and have not
seen any failure but since gg is the programmer and I only do some
documentation/email and some testing, it has not been put to extreme use.
GG did review the changes made to ffmpeg 4.0 and did not see anything that
led him to believe that there would be any issues with it.  If you have
trouble with cinelerra-gg compile, please let us know

For cinelerra-CV and ffmpeg 4.0, a different set of programmers will have
to respond.

gg/Phyllis