[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra crash

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 18:54:17 CEST 2018

> Cinelerra is crach, but no dumps. I know sequence of steps and use this
> sequence, but directory /tmp is clear! This is log in terminal:
>
> Unfortunately, when the error does not come from Cinelerra and it is an
"Emergency Stop" there is no dump.
This usually occurs when errors in the code cause incorrect memory areas to
be updated, a memory munge.
The message below appears to be a memory problem, possibly coming from the
C library.
GG does run Valgrind on cinelerra to find these kinds of memory munges so
he can guard against it, but
it has not found this particular case.  If you have a definite procedure to
invoke the error, please let us know how.

> *** Error in `cin': free(): corrupted unsorted chunks: 0x00000000057ac7b0
> ***
> Аварийный останов
>
> Translate "Аварийный останов" - Emergency Stop.
>
> This happens when you frequently use hotkeys x, and shif+space.
>
> I will stress test using x and shift+space today and see if I can cause a
crash here.

We appreciate your reporting any and all crashes so we can at least attempt
to get rid of them.  GG/Phyllis