[CinCV TNG] Project-related snapshot path

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 01:39:01 CEST 2018

The below suggestion certainly has some appeal and GG can implement this,
but some questions are below.

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 2:42 PM, Olaf <cinmail at womentie.de> wrote:

> Currently, all snapshots are saved in the directory specified in the
> settings under "Snapshot path". This has advantages but also disadvantages.
>
> For example, snapshots from all projects are stored there. Identifying
> them by their data names can be difficult if you want to archive them with
> the project. Example: "snap_20180415-221440.png" - any recognizable
> reference to the origin is missing. At first I thought I didn't need
> snapshots permanently, so I used a directory that is automatically cleaned
> up after a week of non-use. But that wasn't such a good idea, the snapshots
> were lost forever.
>
> To create discernible order and to avoid one overflowing directory, I
> think it would make sense to save snapshots directly in the respective
> project directory.
>
> 1) Since Wolfgang Bruner suggested adding this feature last October, what
does he think?
2) Should the Settings->Preferences Interface tab Snapshot path be
eliminated / ignored?
3) When there is not yet a Project, where should the Snapshot/Grabshot be
located then? /tmp?
4) Any related ideas?

GG/Phyllis