[CinCV TNG] Fwd: CinGG crash at playing avi file

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 08:35:23 CEST 2018

В сообщении от Saturday 14 April 2018 18:08:55 Phyllis Smith написал(а):
> I cannot reproduce the failure here and GG looked at the dump and did not
> find any potential cause.  I must be doing something different - I tested
> with 3 avi files I had hanging around and the first 6 files from:
>
> https://samples.mplayerhq.hu/avi/
>
> I will download a few more and test but If can not reproduce then if
> possible could you?
>
>   run with 2-audio-streams.avi from the example set
>   save the session file with that file loaded right before
>   you play and it crashes so we can see what your setup is.
>   and keyin:  aplay -L
>     to show the results of your Alsa setup

aplay -L
null
my_rate
    Rate Converter Plugin Using Speex Resampler
jack
    JACK Audio Connection Kit
oss
    Open Sound System
upmix51
    Upmixer channel expander
surround51
    Downmixer to stereo from surround51
surround40
    Downmixer to stereo from surround40
sysdefault:CARD=SB
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    Front speakers
surround21:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround41:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
surround50:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
surround71:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
iec958:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Digital
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
sysdefault:CARD=Loopback
    Loopback, Loopback PCM
front:CARD=Loopback,DEV=0
    Loopback, Loopback PCM
    Front speakers
surround21:CARD=Loopback,DEV=0
    Loopback, Loopback PCM
    2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround41:CARD=Loopback,DEV=0
    Loopback, Loopback PCM
surround50:CARD=Loopback,DEV=0
    Loopback, Loopback PCM
surround71:CARD=Loopback,DEV=0
    Loopback, Loopback PCM
--------------------------

also aplay running like this "aplay  --dump-hw-params" returns:

aplay  --dump-hw-params /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Desktop1.wav
Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/KDE_Desktop1.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian,
Rate 22050 Hz, Mono
HW Params of device "LoopAndReal":
--------------------
ACCESS:  MMAP_INTERLEAVED MMAP_NONINTERLEAVED MMAP_COMPLEX RW_INTERLEAVED
RW_NONINTERLEAVED
FORMAT:  S8 U8 S16_LE S16_BE U16_LE U16_BE S24_LE S24_BE U24_LE U24_BE S32_LE
S32_BE U32_LE U32_BE FLOAT_LE FLOAT_BE FLOAT64_LE FLOAT64_BE MU_LAW A_LAW
IMA_ADPCM S24_3LE S24_3BE U24_3LE U24_3BE S20_3LE S20_3BE U20_3LE U20_3BE
S18_3LE S18_3BE U18_3LE U18_3BE
SUBFORMAT:  STD
SAMPLE_BITS: [4 64]
FRAME_BITS: [4 640000]
CHANNELS: [1 10000]
RATE: [4000 4294967295)
PERIOD_TIME: (21333 21334)
PERIOD_SIZE: (85 91628833)
PERIOD_BYTES: (42 4294967295)
PERIODS: (0 8623621)
BUFFER_TIME: [1 4294967295]
BUFFER_SIZE: [170 733007751]
BUFFER_BYTES: [85 4294967295]
TICK_TIME: ALL
--------------------

well, may be this is kernel-level issue..sometimes I have music from xmms
stopped (?!) until I run speaker-test or someone else plays sound via alsa o.o

> Tips:
>   check the Settings->Preferences->Playback A/B->Audio Driver
> configuration. be sure the sound device driver can support the Playback
> buffer size check the Driver setup (Alsa) and be sure the Device can work
> with aplay. Please try starting the session from a console terminal, so
> that any printed
>   output is not missed.  The program can be started with "/path/cin" where
> path
>   is usually, /usr/bin or auser install path like: /opt/cin/

Yeah, thanks, apparently for my setup defaultly-created project's speaker
config "4.0" for two-tracks, stereo (2+2) channels is crashy :( If I change
speaker number in Project settings to "2" (I actually only have stereo
speakers) - it plays! Strangely enough, multi-track mkv's with 5.1 + 2.0 + 2.0
sound worked ok ...as well as avi with 5.1 sound track alone ...

So, thanks, I now have work around for crash - just change Speakers config
manually.