[CinCV TNG] [impr] FindObj plugin part 2

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Thu Apr 12 22:04:10 CEST 2018

The FindObj plugin has become very good with the improvements. Only a
small option is missing in this plugin. I cannot set an offset of the
object. Currently, the new object (in the replacement layer) that is
inserted is placed directly over the tracked object. In my last video
with the easy rider bikers you can see that the word 'Rider' is placed
directly over the biker.  I have attached a screenshot, it would be
great if you could place the word 'Easy', as in my example, over the
object (with offset) you are looking for or next to it. This would make
motion tracking perfect. I also added an example from YouTube. It's an
extreme example, but a good demonstration of what I mean. At the moment
the FindObj plugin reduces the content of the replacement object layer.
It would be great if I could disable the resize and keep the relative
position of the replacement object layer object, which means I have an
additional box/frame I can move. In the plugin I have the options "Draw
scene border" and "Draw object border". The new/other option could be
"Draw replacment border". When I move this box/frame, the relative
position of the replacement object to the searched object is maintained.
With these little improvements we could create motion tracking almost
like in After Effects.

YouTube Video:

https://youtu.be/sAQGWi8oT0U

Here is a summary:
1. make size reduction of the replacement layer optional.
2. add replace object frame. (It already exists, but cannot be changed.)
3. keep the relative offset to the replacement frame to the object.

I don't know if this is possible, it was just such a spontaneous
inspiration, because I know it from After Effects.