[CinCV TNG] Cinelerra codec issues

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 07:44:32 CEST 2018

I can not tell for sure which version of cinelerra you are currently
using?  If you are using CGG / Cin 5.1 then the information below is
relevant; if not then look at Settings->Preferences About to check version.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 6:44 PM, <nicat45 at teknik.io> wrote:

> If i  convert a video with ffmpeg   with this setups i dont have audio
>
> * libx264 + aac
> * libx264 + mp3
> * libx264 + lame

These should all work BUT you must be sure in the Render menu window that
the AUDIO has a red checkmark for "Render audio tracks".  If the previous
video you rendered did not have audio, then this may not be checked - it
usually retains parameter settings from the previous usage.

> and if convert to libx264+m4a  IT CRASHES
>
> [35192.145839] cin[19771]: segfault at 7f3c58013100 ip 00007f351fbc7b20 sp
> 00007f34deffc748 error 4 in libc-2.26.so[7f351fa90000+1ae000]

I think you are using Arch, but segfault address will be different for
different distros so this is insufficient information to help discover the
problem.  If using the CGG version, then *GG would really very much like to
get a complete crash dump*.  It is the most useful if you log into root to
get the best dump possible, but if you can not, then at least follow the
instructions in section 6.2 of Features5.pdf.  If this file is too big to
send via the Mailing List, email to phylsmith2004 at yahoo.com instead.

> What build option can i use for fix this (i really want use libx264  cause
> of its small size and heavy multithreading)
>
> It really should just work.  If you can not get a dump PLEASE send a small
example file that crashes and at least we can try it here.   Thanks for
reporting, gg/Phyllis