[CinCV TNG] [impr] FindObject

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 23:41:33 CEST 2018

Demo is at:    https://www.datafilehost.com/d/262d207c

Input files AND the original demo tar file at:
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/1951cbce

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 5:25 PM, Sam <cinelerra at posteo.de> wrote:

> Do you have experience with the plugin FindObj? I tried following your
> instructions. Despite many attempts I do not manage to produce a usable
> result with it. The object that should overlay the scene jumps back and
> forth like crazy. The object is partly distorted beyond recognition.
> Shouldn't the overlay object always keep the same shape and size? Had you
> made a video about this in the past?
>
> This plugin seems to be very powerful, but the handling is very
> complicated. I have noticed the following points:
>
> A user mentioned that the HV/CV version of Findobject was not working last
September.  At that time the only goal was to get it working like it did
originally.  Then it was also kind of fun to look at the other OpenCV
examples, see how they worked and convert Move/Flow/Gabor.  Now it was
thought was a good time to upgrade the version of OpenCV so test material
was needed and that is when Style and Puzzle were added.

We did not get any real feedback that it was useful to have some OpenCV
plugins available to Cinelerra/CGG so left it at that - although I did put
a note out on the OpenCV forum suggesting that maybe someone there would be
interested last September.

If there is more emphasis on using FindObject, it might be a good idea to
improve the user interface as you can see from the demo what a difficult
time I had getting the box surrounded!   GG/Phyllis