[CinCV TNG] [impr] FindObject

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Sat Apr 7 01:25:14 CEST 2018

Do you have experience with the plugin FindObj? I tried following your
instructions. Despite many attempts I do not manage to produce a usable
result with it. The object that should overlay the scene jumps back and
forth like crazy. The object is partly distorted beyond recognition.
Shouldn't the overlay object always keep the same shape and size? Had
you made a video about this in the past?

This plugin seems to be very powerful, but the handling is very
complicated. I have noticed the following points:

1. The knobs for the position of the frames are very laborious to
operate. It would be a relief to draw a frame by mouse, similar to the
crop tool in the compositor (F7). By using the CTRL or SHIFT keys to
move the frame with the mouse, similar to moving the layer in the mask tool.
2. The frames are sometimes very difficult to see because the frame line
disappears at certain positions. Maybe it would be good to make these
lines a little thicker.

I think this plugin is useful because it covers some video editing cases
well and gives Cinelerra a very professional touch.