[CinCV TNG] Playback glitches

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 00:41:42 CET 2017

Sam:

I have a problem with the playback of a video in the compositor. If the
> video is played from the beginning, I can see it without any problems in
> the compositor. If I start the video from the middle, I only see a black
> screen. Is the video file damaged?
>
> The video is not damaged. It is just that some media is not designed to be
"editable".  In order to "seek", that is to play from any spot back or
forth, the media needs to include keyframes and this media does not. If you
proxy the media (use scalar, ffmpeg/mp4) to 1/2, you can then seek and see
that in the compositor because keyframes then exist.    GG/Phyllis