[CinCV TNG] Small proxy improvements

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 00:47:37 CEST 2017

I made a list of about 12 improvements for GG to work on early this morning
taking into account the suggestions up until that time.  It is going to
take the next 2 days most likely.  That is a lot of suggestions and most
will be going in to include the previously listed ones in some form or
another.

Translations are not consistent.

Always a problem to get help and keep up!  We know several Programming
Languages but no foreign languages. However, I have waved my brain using
Goggle translate to come up only with some DE translations for the Proxy
Settings which we can put in soon.  A lot of controversy in the past where
GG has an automatic program to use Google translation to derive
translations but a couple of people hated it and would rather see English
than bad Russian (for example "panning" turned into a "frying pan"!!)

Drop down menu should end flush

That is all over the place and is extremely time-consuming to fix, so not
yet.

Automatic recale for new videos.

This is being worked on right now.  It would be a very important feature so
takes a high precedence.

Proxy files are confusing the Media area.

Done and going in soon.  Proxy will have its own folder.  And they will no
longer be automatically deleted as is current.  In addition, you will be
able to mass delete them.

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 3:29 PM, Frederic Roenitz <ml1 at aimvis.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was thinking again about the
>
>  Scale factor: Orignal size
>  Use scaler (FFMPEG only)
>
> -part of the proxy-dialog.
>
> Please have a look at the attached sketch I made.
>
> Instead of having a list and a checkbox with a not that obvious
> relationship, how about having simple radio buttons?

The sketch is beautiful. The scale sizes are calculated in the program and
different values are available so that for a 324x224 without "Use scale"
all that is available is 1/2.  Others might have 1/3, 1/9, and so on.
Probably only going to happen if someone else does the work and submits a
patch.

> The 'headline' of the proxy dialog: "What size should the project be
> scaled to for editing?" is misleading, when "Use scaler (FFMPEG only)"
> is used, since "Use scaler (FFMPEG only)" keeps the project size
> unchanged.
>
> This headline has now been deleted as it is superfluous - it was on this
morning's list of 12 things.

Currently the order of controls is:

>   Scale factor: Orignal size
>   Use scaler (FFMPEG only)
>
> The checkbox: "Use scaler (FFMPEG only)" affects the content of the
> dropdown: "Scale factor:".
>
> So shouldn't the checkbox be above the dropdown?

Done and going in soon.  Like you said, it makes more sense.  Also, "Use
scaler" is going to be the default and checked because it too makes more
sense.